Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ah, I Like When Things Work

You know all that stuff I wrote about in my previous post? You know, how I had to cut one chapter into two and combine two other chapters into one and delete a whole bunch of extraneous stuff? It's done.

Because I had to delete most of Chapter Three, I wound up having to cut about 1700 words, which killed me. I managed to put about 450 of them back just in having to transition the beginning of Chapter Three into the beginning of Chapter Four and then going back and making sure it all worked. So the total word loss was 1250 and change, which was still pretty traumatic, not gonna lie.

I suppose it's my own fault, though, for writing up stuff I didn't need.

But even though losing all of those words was traumatic, I like the beginning few chapters so much better now that all the drama is gone! It flows together better, and I don't feel like I'm interrupting the actual storyline with pointless drama.

So. Score one for change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment